Childrens Occupational Therapy – Doctors Quick Reference Guide:
Click to open a printable version of the Doctors Quick Reference Guide
- We work with children with a wide range of diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, GDD, Chromosomal Disorders, FASD, Down’s Syndrome, and Developmental Coordination Disorder
- Developmental Delays
- Motor Coordination Difficulties
- Handwriting and school skills
- Attention and self-regulation difficulties
- Sensory Processing Differences e.g. hypersensitivity to sound or touch
- Play Skills
- Friendship and Social Skills
- Self Care Skills
- Toilet training/Continence management: Including therapy for constipation, daytime urinary incontinence and nocturnal enuresis
- Extreme picky eating / DSMV-5 Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder
- Handwriting Group
- Feeding Therapy Groups
- Social Skills Groups (for 4-5 year olds; 6-7 year olds; 8-12 year olds)
- School Readiness Groups
- An experienced and highly trained team of Occupational Therapists
- Service provided in the clinic, school or home environment
- Client’s able to be seen within 2 weeks : We work hard to ensure that all children can be seen in a timely manner.
- Family centred model of practice.
- A focus on parent education, and communication with key stakeholders, alongside therapy for the child.
- Goal and outcomes based approach with regular outcome reviews to evaluate and report on progress towards goals.
How to Refer
- Please refer under the appropriate item number for each Medicare Plan
- Doctors referral letter with item number for Helping Children with Autism (over 7 years).
- Parents can self refer / contact us directly to make an appointment or book online.
Information about Referral:
Please note Grow On Children’s OT does not bulk bill.
Client’s will have a gap payment to make when using a Medicare Plan.
(Unless referred under the PHN – Focussed Psychological Strategies program)