What we do:
We provide focused and effective children’s occupational therapy, to provide children with skills for life using our:
- Expert knowledge of child development (physical, cognitive and social),
- Understanding of the activities and roles a child participates in (their Occupations)
- Family centred service model that makes sure families are involved and informed every step along the way.
We believe that it is essential to provide support for children, if they are having difficulties in areas of their development. Through being supported to achieve skills and learn strategies, they receive important messages such as: “I can improve when I practice or get taught another way” “I can ask for help” “I can succeed”. This is important to help shape a child’s self concept and counter the negative messages of “I can’t….” that they may otherwise feel as they compare their performance to peers.
It is an amazing feeling when we finish a block of therapy with a child, and know that we have been able to make a major difference in one or more areas of their life, and that they have loved their time coming to Grow On Children’s Occupational Therapy.
Choosing a therapy team to help your child is a big decision. You need to know that whoever you partner with to help your child has the skills and resources to help achieve the best results. Another key component to consider when making this important choice is how well your therapy team is setup to communicate with you and the other important people involved in educating and helping your child.
Because we believe that clear communication is essential to meaningfully partner with you to get the best results for your child we guarantee this written communication:
Quick facts about Grow On Children’s OT:
- Together our team has over 50 years of experience working as Occupational Therapists. We have operated on the Gold Coast for 10 years (prior to 2013 as Children’s Occupational Therapy Qld).
- We empower parents to provide extra therapy at home using a specially developed online therapy system that runs on parents phones and rewards children as they complete activities.
- We have a well stocked therapy equipment and sensory toy shop on site.
- We have a range of rooms to meet the ages and needs of the children we work with, including a sensory gym.
- When we moved to our new clinic location in 2013 we asked families what was most important to them in our new location. A car park and a large waiting room topped the list. So we made sure that we have both!
- We offer individual and group therapy programs, and can see your child at the clinic, in your child’s school or at your home.
- We are licensed to provide a number of specialised therapy programs such as Secret Agent Society Social Skills Group, The Listening Program and Cogmed Working Memory Training.
- We can process Health Fund and Medicare Rebates at the time of your appointment.