The term “language” covers a wide variety of areas that are used to communicate. Children can have difficulties in one or multiple areas which can include:
- Difficulties understanding what is being said.
- Difficulties expressing wants and needs.
- Issues with word-finding.
- Difficulty reading and writing.
- Difficulty using socially appropriate language and words when talking to friends, family and teachers.
- Difficulties understanding sarcasm and figurative language.
- Difficulties telling stories or relaying information in a logical order.
Working with a speech pathologist can help to identify areas of strength and weakness. Once these areas have been identified, we work with you and your child to build on their strengths and improve in those areas they have difficulty. Therapy plans and programs are highly individualised to each child’s needs so we can get the best results possible.
Work with a Developmental Therapist in the Gold Coast at Grow On Children’s Occupational Therapy
Working with a developmental therapist in Gold Coast is beneficial.
If you have concerns regarding your child’s development, you may wish to consider having them work with one of the therapists at Grow On Children’s Occupational Therapy. Our therapists work personally with each child to understand the type of developmental therapy they require.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Our Developmental Therapist Sessions in the Gold Coast
Here are some great tips to get more value out of your child’s session with one of our therapists:
- Ask your child what they are learning or how they feel after a session
- Work with your child at home to encourage skill development
- Speak with your therapist about any questions or concerns you have about treatment
What Sets Grow On Children’s Occupational Therapy Apart Regarding a Developmental Therapist in the Gold Coast
We set ourselves apart in providing a developmental therapist in Gold Coast in the following ways:
- A full assessment, so your child receives accurate therapy sessions
- Friendly staff who always makes time to address your concerns
- Consistent reviews to ensure your child continues to excel
What You Stand to Lose if You Don’t Use Grown On Children’s Speech Therapy Services
As an authority on the developmental difficulties of children, our team understands the stress often associated with these types of issues. Our goal is to help your child grow and develop in a caring and nurturing environment.
For more information about our developmental therapist options in Gold Coast, please call us on 07 5578 2000 or go to our contact page to send us an enquiry.